Friday, May 3, 2013

Drive on the Nubergring circuit

Samuel's First Wish:

I would like to Drive on the Nubergring circuit, The Nürburgring is a motorsports complex in the world.
I loved watching all of these, though the one track that really caught my attention was the 24 hour Nürburgring race which showcases the wonderful ambience of the surroundings followed by the in-thrilling "ROAR" of the V-10 engines of the rare exotic cars.




Since that race I have watched countless hours of international circuit races and purchased games that allow you to race on this track along with the variants of the circuit.


Games along with steering wheels and dual screens are the closest I have ever got to the real thing and thus my wish is for the real thing, 

To drive on the Nubergring circuit.


When I was a boy I (like all other boys) used to play with toy cars, as I grew older I started watching international circuit races, V8 Supercars, Summernats and WRC. 


I guess the first part of my wish involves traveling to Germany which would be a whole new experience, though here is a good site to complete the second part, Driving on the Nürburgring!!!


The Nürburgring Experience : http://www.nurburgringuk.com/rentals.asp



Here is some history on the track thanks to Wikipedia :D

1927–1939: The beginning of the "Nürburg-Ring"
In the early 1920s, ADAC Eifelrennen races were held on public roads in the Eifel mountains. This was soon recognized as impractical and dangerous.

The construction of a dedicated race track was proposed, following the examples of Italy's Monza and Berlin's AVUS, yet with a different character.

The layout of the circuit in the mountains was similar to the Targa Florio event, one of the most important motor races at that time.

The original Nürburgring was to be a showcase for German automotive engineering and racing talent. Construction of the track, designed by the Eichler Architekturbüro from Ravensburg (led by architect Gustav Eichler), began in September 1925.



Source of historical information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring

No comments:

Post a Comment